I purchased a "Hester Heights" bed headboard from CYMAX on March 21, 2015 in the amount of $165.
It took a couple of days to ship and a week or so to arrive. Upon opening the box, I could see the product had been purchased already at least once as some screws had been installed and packages were opened, etc. The product was of very low quality. They had two 6 inch wide pressboard strips that would hold the entire weight of the headboard in place. When you attempted to hold the headboard in a vertical position the entire thing would flex. I had to handle it extremely carefully just to keep from damaging it. These attached pictures are right out of the box.
I notified Cymax that I would want to return the product the following Monday. They sent me a RMA #/form and it basically said they would keep the $15 shipping fee and charge a $33 restock fee. I also had to pay for the return shipping.
I contacted Cymax again the next day and told the gentleman that I didn't think they should charge me a restock fee as the item had partial installation damage and was of extreme low quality. He put me on hold, checked with his supervisor, came back to the phone and reported they would remove the restock fee, but I would still have to pay the return shipping fee. Believing it would be around $15, I agreed. He also said they would reissue another RMA # but they never did.
I initially tried to ship from the postal service and they reported the box was to large and I would have to ship thru UPS or Fed Ex. I went to a shipping center and they reported that the shipping price (cheapest) would be $112. By my calculations I would get back $38 by the time the transaction was completed. When I tried to call them today they reported they are observing a holiday (April 3rd - ???)
My belief is this company is a complete SCAM and I will never be purchasing anything from them again. I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to consider their purchase carefully before using CYMAX.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way of doing business
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hester Heights Bed Headboard
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I purchased a Powell Furniture Parker Cinnamon Desk for $272. It had a long scratch right in the front and one of the draws was broken. Rather than put everything..."
- "AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS, YOU WILL BE SORRY !!! This company is just a front for other companies. You order your product from their pretty website thinking they..."
- "Received a damaged support leg for a bed I ordered. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received a replacement part. I did everything they asked within 2..."
- "Torrid products are wonderful but their poor/rude customer service is one that needs to be addressed (asap), Their shipping procedures have been nothing but a nightmare and a bunch of..."
- "I ordered a blueprint and what I got was a black and white copy of a "blueprint". It's blurry and not worth mounting much less displaying. You..."
- "I went for Spacedigitalx PR for my Kickstarter campaign last week. After receiving a terribly written press release, I requested my money back. They refused because they already started and..."