Cymax Stores - Complete product dissatisfaction and insult to injury upon attempting to return
I purchased a "Hester Heights" bed headboard from CYMAX on March 21, 2015 in the amount of $165.
It took a couple of days to ship and a week or so to arrive. Upon opening the box, I could see the product had been purchased already at least once as some screws had been installed and packages were opened, etc. The product was of very low quality. They had two 6 inch wide pressboard strips that would hold the entire weight of the headboard in place. When you attempted to hold the headboard in a vertical position the entire thing would flex. I had to handle it extremely carefully just to keep from damaging it. These attached pictures are right out of the box.
I notified Cymax that I would want to return the product the following Monday. They sent me a RMA #/form and it basically said they would keep the $15 shipping fee and charge a $33 restock fee. I also had to pay for the return shipping.
I contacted Cymax again the next day and told the gentleman that I didn't think they should charge me a restock fee as the item had partial installation damage and was of extreme low quality. He put me on hold, checked with his supervisor, came back to the phone and reported they would remove the restock fee, but I would still have to pay the return shipping fee. Believing it would be around $15, I agreed. He also said they would reissue another RMA # but they never did.
I initially tried to ship from the postal service and they reported the box was to large and I would have to ship thru UPS or Fed Ex. I went to a shipping center and they reported that the shipping price (cheapest) would be $112. By my calculations I would get back $38 by the time the transaction was completed. When I tried to call them today they reported they are observing a holiday (April 3rd - ???)
My belief is this company is a complete SCAM and I will never be purchasing anything from them again. I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to consider their purchase carefully before using CYMAX.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Way of doing business
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hester Heights Bed Headboard
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Quoted online on the Cymax website for a computer table including HST for $224 with free shipment Got billed for $444.24 when I checked out with all kinds of charges..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "Until now my refund request is zero. I think hellopay is a SCAM and Lazada has to pay. Submitting this review, i thought might help but until now, nothing happened...."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."