I purchased a "Hester Heights" bed headboard from CYMAX on March 21, 2015 in the amount of $165.

It took a couple of days to ship and a week or so to arrive. Upon opening the box, I could see the product had been purchased already at least once as some screws had been installed and packages were opened, etc. The product was of very low quality. They had two 6 inch wide pressboard strips that would hold the entire weight of the headboard in place. When you attempted to hold the headboard in a vertical position the entire thing would flex. I had to handle it extremely carefully just to keep from damaging it. These attached pictures are right out of the box.

I notified Cymax that I would want to return the product the following Monday. They sent me a RMA #/form and it basically said they would keep the $15 shipping fee and charge a $33 restock fee. I also had to pay for the return shipping.

I contacted Cymax again the next day and told the gentleman that I didn't think they should charge me a restock fee as the item had partial installation damage and was of extreme low quality. He put me on hold, checked with his supervisor, came back to the phone and reported they would remove the restock fee, but I would still have to pay the return shipping fee. Believing it would be around $15, I agreed. He also said they would reissue another RMA # but they never did.

I initially tried to ship from the postal service and they reported the box was to large and I would have to ship thru UPS or Fed Ex. I went to a shipping center and they reported that the shipping price (cheapest) would be $112. By my calculations I would get back $38 by the time the transaction was completed. When I tried to call them today they reported they are observing a holiday (April 3rd - ???)

My belief is this company is a complete SCAM and I will never be purchasing anything from them again. I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to consider their purchase carefully before using CYMAX.

Review about: Hester Heights Bed Headboard.

I didn't like: Way of doing business.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $165
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Cymax Stores?

Comments

I had the same experience with Cymax with the recent purchase of a Computer Credenza.The return shipement was $137.80.

My credenza arrived damaged and the delivery person just dumped it on the front porch. He never knocked on the door, just dropped off the damaged product and left.

I have been dealing with them for about 3 weeks and now I have given up and will dispose of the damaged product to a trash service.I went through Amazon with this purchase, and I have since cancelled my account with Amazon due to this company.