Cymax Stores - CYMAX Stuck With Damaged Bed Frame, Cymax Says...

Update added by user Jul 18

Update continued...

to an unsuspecting charity.This is wrong!

I replied to their email and still haven't heard back.

Next, I am calling them.

It's been almost 2 months since this awful experience began.If they don't pick up their damaged goods off my driveway by Today at 5:00pm, I am filing a dispute with my credit card company.

This is a TERRIBLE company!

Update added by user Jul 18

After 3 weeks, Cymax had Fed Ex pick up damaged bed frame.Rec'd a new frame 10 days later and it, too, was damaged.

Customer rep, Travis (he introduced himself to me this way "Hello, I'm Travis and I'm awesome. I'll take care of all of this for you and we'll issue you a discount after the bed is received in satisfactory condition") now won't return my phone calls, "Awesome Travis" is MIA.

Spoke with Andrea, she assured me they will file a return and credit my card back.What I got instead, was another email, telling me to once again "Donate the bed to one of the listed charities" (in the email) "and when we receive the receipted, donated on behalf of Cymax, we will issue you a refund".

I already told them I wouldn't donate a damaged bed, which could HARM A CHILD

Original review posted by user Jun 18

...To donate the damaged goods to a charity!

Ordered through $500 bed for a child. Bed frame arrived very damaged, carton ripped open and frame inside has chunks of wood taken out and splintered via shipping.

Called Cymax. Sent photos. Next day, still waiting confirmation of photos. No confirmation. Called. Spoke with 3 different reps to get frame replaced. It's now 11 days later and they said they would replace it but...still no bed frame since delivery date. Only have other 3 boxes of parts. Cymax said will ship ASAP.

New email from Cymax tells me they won't pick up huge, heavy damaged partial bed frame in ripped up carton. It's taking up the entire porch area where it has sat for 11 days. Instead of picking up, Cymax asked me to dispose of it at my cost or call a charity and donate it. They even sent me an email with a list of 3 charities who do pick up.

Are they really asking me to DONATE a DAMAGED, PARTIAL BED FRAME to an unsuspected charity. There is no head or foot board to attach so how could it stand on its own? Are people who are less fortunate than others deserving of a damaged, partial bed frame?

Cymax is behaving badly! No more business from me! And Walmart is on notice, too!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
    • Phone reps were polite
  • What I disliked
    • Return response time and having to dispose of damaged goods
    • Cymax asking customer to dispose of
    • Damaged goods
    • Damaged goods carton heavy and
    • Taking up entire porch going on 12 days now
    • Reps didnt follow thru with return directions wont pick up box
    • Carton is huge and heavy
    • Too heavy to lift and blocking my porch for 12 days
    • Cymax told me to dispose at my own cost
    • Cymax said if i couldnt dispose i could call local charity

Reason of review:
Damaged or defective
Preferred solution:
Cymax needs to pick up the damaged item they sent me and dispose of it and their own cost!
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Leo Childrens Blue Captains Bed
Review category
Furniture and Decor
review #868052 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Cymax Stores? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.