Cymax Stores - Horrendous Customer Service from Cymax
I ordered a desk and matching lateral file cabinet from Cymax, as well as a desk chair.The chair came promptly; no problem.
But the desk and file were subcontracted out to a company called Home Direct. It took 4 full weeks until I was notified of a ship date for the two items, which came from the same warehouse near San Diego, Calif. Both items were delivered in their crates, but the desk came with "White Glove Bronze" service, so the deliverymen uncrated the desk. However, the file cabinet was left in its wooden crate.
It took a hammer and crowbar to carefully remove the wooden crate in many small sections, after which I discovered that the file cabinet was damaged. I notified Cymax immediately -- no easy task, since I was kept on hold for 35 minutes -- and I was then told to photograph the damaged piece and "save all original packing material." Save what? The jagged pieces of splintery wood with nails sticking out of them? Was I expected to re-assemble the shipping carton out of them?
When I pointed this out to the Cymax rep on the phone, his answer was, "Well, save what you can." I informed him that I would do no such thing, since the broken pieces of packing crate were dangerous. I did, however, upload photos of the damaged file as requested, for which I received an automated e-mail acknowledgment. It has now been 3 weeks. In the interim, being unable to run my office without a usable file cabinet, I hired a furniture repair service which repaired the damaged file cabinet at my expense.
I sent Cymax a copy of the bill for the repair, attached to a strongly worded e-mail threatening further action if they did pay for the repair, since they had not responded to the photo evidence of the damaged file. Still nothing. Honestly, I don't see how Cymax stays in business -- are they simply in hiding?
Or is there one guy running the whole office?It's just unconscionable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kathy Ireland Southampton By Martin Distressed Ony
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "This is the worst place that may have to buy furniture ,horrible experience see pictures..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "I bought a curio online and arrived glasses and bottom part are broke and smashed from the shipping. The delivery guy did not take responsible to open the box to..."
- "Stacey Valnes has taken advantage of me and my mother when he suggested that we list our house at the price that he came up with by looking at the..."
- "...when i opened this package of Oreo's expecting to get what the package shows but received alot less..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."