I ordered a desk and matching lateral file cabinet from Cymax, as well as a desk chair.The chair came promptly; no problem.
But the desk and file were subcontracted out to a company called Home Direct. It took 4 full weeks until I was notified of a ship date for the two items, which came from the same warehouse near San Diego, Calif. Both items were delivered in their crates, but the desk came with "White Glove Bronze" service, so the deliverymen uncrated the desk. However, the file cabinet was left in its wooden crate.
It took a hammer and crowbar to carefully remove the wooden crate in many small sections, after which I discovered that the file cabinet was damaged. I notified Cymax immediately -- no easy task, since I was kept on hold for 35 minutes -- and I was then told to photograph the damaged piece and "save all original packing material." Save what? The jagged pieces of splintery wood with nails sticking out of them? Was I expected to re-assemble the shipping carton out of them?
When I pointed this out to the Cymax rep on the phone, his answer was, "Well, save what you can." I informed him that I would do no such thing, since the broken pieces of packing crate were dangerous. I did, however, upload photos of the damaged file as requested, for which I received an automated e-mail acknowledgment. It has now been 3 weeks. In the interim, being unable to run my office without a usable file cabinet, I hired a furniture repair service which repaired the damaged file cabinet at my expense.
I sent Cymax a copy of the bill for the repair, attached to a strongly worded e-mail threatening further action if they did pay for the repair, since they had not responded to the photo evidence of the damaged file. Still nothing. Honestly, I don't see how Cymax stays in business -- are they simply in hiding?
Or is there one guy running the whole office?It's just unconscionable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kathy Ireland Southampton By Martin Distressed Ony
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "Don't believe the hype!!! I bought two of these believing they would help my migraine as hyped in the infomercials. I Washed it ONCE and it turned into a..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "Justin Holt from Austin commercial will be tried in court for numerous accounts of fraud: conspiracy to terrorism, fraud, misrepresentation, conspiracy to perjury, false advertising, breach of contract, violation of..."
- "I recently booked a Jetstar flight on eDreams.com. They sent me an email confirmation that said "The total cost of your reservation is $442.22. The details of the amounts charged..."
- "I have spent alot of money at the buckle and against my wife's wishes, I bought expensive jeans that cost about $100 a piece. Within a year one of the..."