Cymax Stores - Horrendous Customer Service from Cymax
I ordered a desk and matching lateral file cabinet from Cymax, as well as a desk chair.The chair came promptly; no problem.
But the desk and file were subcontracted out to a company called Home Direct. It took 4 full weeks until I was notified of a ship date for the two items, which came from the same warehouse near San Diego, Calif. Both items were delivered in their crates, but the desk came with "White Glove Bronze" service, so the deliverymen uncrated the desk. However, the file cabinet was left in its wooden crate.
It took a hammer and crowbar to carefully remove the wooden crate in many small sections, after which I discovered that the file cabinet was damaged. I notified Cymax immediately -- no easy task, since I was kept on hold for 35 minutes -- and I was then told to photograph the damaged piece and "save all original packing material." Save what? The jagged pieces of splintery wood with nails sticking out of them? Was I expected to re-assemble the shipping carton out of them?
When I pointed this out to the Cymax rep on the phone, his answer was, "Well, save what you can." I informed him that I would do no such thing, since the broken pieces of packing crate were dangerous. I did, however, upload photos of the damaged file as requested, for which I received an automated e-mail acknowledgment. It has now been 3 weeks. In the interim, being unable to run my office without a usable file cabinet, I hired a furniture repair service which repaired the damaged file cabinet at my expense.
I sent Cymax a copy of the bill for the repair, attached to a strongly worded e-mail threatening further action if they did pay for the repair, since they had not responded to the photo evidence of the damaged file. Still nothing. Honestly, I don't see how Cymax stays in business -- are they simply in hiding?
Or is there one guy running the whole office?It's just unconscionable.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kathy Ireland Southampton By Martin Distressed Ony
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Purchased the piece of furniture in 2008 in the Jacksonville Florida store. We were told that it would last us a lifetime. We were also told that the extended 5..."
- "I purchased a "Hester Heights" bed headboard from CYMAX on March 21, 2015 in the amount of $165. It took a couple of days to ship and a week or so..."
- "Received a damaged support leg for a bed I ordered. It has been 3 weeks and I have not received a replacement part. I did everything they asked within 2..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "I ordered 4 pairs of shoes on October 17, 2014. The shoes arrived on November 7, 2014. They were exactly as I expected when buying from a chinese company -..."
- "Sold Item on eBay, it shipped in 2 packages, The item arrived and the battery arrived unfortunately 1 week later. The Buyer opened a case on eBay right away because..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."
- "Purchased the Olivia doll house twin over full on December 7th mid day and went next door to Denver mattress and purchased mattresses and accessories needed to go with it...."