Ordered Riverside furniture Annandale 60" TV console and matching end table on 11/12/2012.Received order on 12/11/2012.
TV console packing was externally damaged. Delivery team would not stay while I opened. Top and side surfaces of console had been crushed and split. I notified Cymax that same day via their website, email to customer service and attempted to call them of the damage and provided multiple digital photos of the damage.
I was on hold for nearly 30 minutes when I was disconnected. I did receive an email response the next evening that a claims specialist would get back with me. On 12/21/2012 I still had not received an update and attempted to call Cymax customer service repeatedly without success. Next I opened a dispute in Paypal on the transaction on the evening of 12/21.
Cymax still would not answer their phones or return emails so on 12/27/2012 I filed a claim with Paypal. On 1/4/2013 I received an email from Cymax apologizing for the situation and agreed to refund my payment for the TV console and that I should expect to see it in my account within 3-5 business days. Today is 1/27/2013 and the refund has not been provided. Paypal is requesting that I get a 3rd party appraisal of the damaged item at my expense or they will rule in favor of the seller and close the claim.
They will not accept photos that clearly show the damage and are the same photos that I sent to Cymax on 12/11/2012. I contacted a local furniture store and they will provide the appraisal for $99 if I bring the item to them. It weighs nearly 175 pounds, is 60" wide, approximately 30" tall.
I have since contacted my credit card issuer and they will take over on the case as Paypal clearly has no interest in buyer protection as they promote.Cymax is playing this game knowing they have nothing to lose at this point.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "We ordered a bedroom set priced at over $1000 and made the required monthly payments per our contract. A final payment was made and we were told by the manager..."
- "I bought a ESF sofa through a furniture store. After reviewing the specs and documentation on ESF's catalog and site I purchased a sofa. I paid a bit more for..."
- "I bought a pair of Liz Claiborne prescription sunglasses. When I tried them on I loved them. A week after I bought them they started bowing very bad to the..."
- "Light University promised my family and I a “lifetime” scholarship and credits to my local college through a partnership program. One day an idea came to me and I..."
- "I made an order ....they took my money and I have no clothes and no way of contacting customer service because the number given isn't a working number. Trying to..."
- "My girlfriend and I checked into the Comfort Inn in Mt. Airy, N.C., only to find bed bugs in the room. With nowhere else to go, we were put..."
- "I called for a carry out pizza managers special witch says unlimited toppings well the man over the phone told me it's only 3 toppings for that pie so I..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."