Cymax Stores - Received damaged goods. Cymax won't replace or refund.
Ordered Riverside furniture Annandale 60" TV console and matching end table on 11/12/2012.Received order on 12/11/2012.
TV console packing was externally damaged. Delivery team would not stay while I opened. Top and side surfaces of console had been crushed and split. I notified Cymax that same day via their website, email to customer service and attempted to call them of the damage and provided multiple digital photos of the damage.
I was on hold for nearly 30 minutes when I was disconnected. I did receive an email response the next evening that a claims specialist would get back with me. On 12/21/2012 I still had not received an update and attempted to call Cymax customer service repeatedly without success. Next I opened a dispute in Paypal on the transaction on the evening of 12/21.
Cymax still would not answer their phones or return emails so on 12/27/2012 I filed a claim with Paypal. On 1/4/2013 I received an email from Cymax apologizing for the situation and agreed to refund my payment for the TV console and that I should expect to see it in my account within 3-5 business days. Today is 1/27/2013 and the refund has not been provided. Paypal is requesting that I get a 3rd party appraisal of the damaged item at my expense or they will rule in favor of the seller and close the claim.
They will not accept photos that clearly show the damage and are the same photos that I sent to Cymax on 12/11/2012. I contacted a local furniture store and they will provide the appraisal for $99 if I bring the item to them. It weighs nearly 175 pounds, is 60" wide, approximately 30" tall.
I have since contacted my credit card issuer and they will take over on the case as Paypal clearly has no interest in buyer protection as they promote.Cymax is playing this game knowing they have nothing to lose at this point.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I have purchased a desk and a bed three months ago. Parts of the be dis missing and the desk is broken and chipped, I have sent them 10-s of..."
- "my mattress isn't even a yr old !! between 2 to 3 months of buying this mattress it becomes a big puff of air in the middle an sinkholes..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "A few things have happened. For starters: one of the bras I received about February busted open about 2 months after I got it! See the picture I attached. It's..."
- "Fedex lose paperwork twice in one shipment.On 6/18, I tracked my package and they stopped shipping it because of missing paperwork. According to record, it happened on 6/14, but Fedex..."
- "First of all, the order claimed that I would receive the product within 5 days. Not to mention the fact that it was "95% used but 100% working and..."