Cymax Stores - Received damaged goods. Cymax won't replace or refund.
Ordered Riverside furniture Annandale 60" TV console and matching end table on 11/12/2012.Received order on 12/11/2012.
TV console packing was externally damaged. Delivery team would not stay while I opened. Top and side surfaces of console had been crushed and split. I notified Cymax that same day via their website, email to customer service and attempted to call them of the damage and provided multiple digital photos of the damage.
I was on hold for nearly 30 minutes when I was disconnected. I did receive an email response the next evening that a claims specialist would get back with me. On 12/21/2012 I still had not received an update and attempted to call Cymax customer service repeatedly without success. Next I opened a dispute in Paypal on the transaction on the evening of 12/21.
Cymax still would not answer their phones or return emails so on 12/27/2012 I filed a claim with Paypal. On 1/4/2013 I received an email from Cymax apologizing for the situation and agreed to refund my payment for the TV console and that I should expect to see it in my account within 3-5 business days. Today is 1/27/2013 and the refund has not been provided. Paypal is requesting that I get a 3rd party appraisal of the damaged item at my expense or they will rule in favor of the seller and close the claim.
They will not accept photos that clearly show the damage and are the same photos that I sent to Cymax on 12/11/2012. I contacted a local furniture store and they will provide the appraisal for $99 if I bring the item to them. It weighs nearly 175 pounds, is 60" wide, approximately 30" tall.
I have since contacted my credit card issuer and they will take over on the case as Paypal clearly has no interest in buyer protection as they promote.Cymax is playing this game knowing they have nothing to lose at this point.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- "Let me start by saying that I really like Modloft design and price points. I was very excited to order and receive the product, however as the previous customer stated,..."
- "I ordered a desk and matching lateral file cabinet from Cymax, as well as a desk chair. The chair came promptly; no problem. But the desk and file were subcontracted..."
- "This company is a member of the Better Business Bureau and has an A+ rating. (For more on what that actually means see 20/20 expose on BBB's pay to play..."
- "My sister and I ordered flowers for my grandma for her birthday, fall flowers... so we thought. The picture and describtion clearly showed they were going to be fall flowers,..."
- "Snap Fitness German Village Columbus Ohio. I have had more trouble then a little bit with poor customer service and access cards. As a gym that claims to give you..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "If you are considering buying a home warranty policy from AHS, you really need to have an attorney review the contract. What YOU think it says in black and white,..."