Cymax Stores - Refund policy on damaged goods

Ordered a bakers rack in December which was damaged upon delivery.I took pictures to document damage as requested before they would send a replacement.

Their website doesn't work so you have to wait to be able to speak with a customer service representative. I had to call Cymax days later to find out what would be done and was informed the manufactor agreed within 1 day of my complaint to replace the item. Cymax did not inform me of that and I wonder how long I would have waited before I found a replacement would be shipped. Only after that dicussion was a replacement ordered and shipped by Cymax.

The replacement came also damaged. Requested refund and they won't refund until items are donated to charity in their name at full cost of item and in their name.

Cymax shouldn't expect to get full value of item for a tax deduction when donating to a charity - doesn't seem ethical!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Cymax Stores Response Mar 09, 2015

Thank you for your review though we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your order.
One of our mediation agents would like to contact you by phone or via email to address any issues you may have.
Please feel free to contact us at our toll free number - 1-866-740-9830 and one of our Customer Service Agents would be happy to assist you.
Kind Regards,
Cymax Customer Support

Mar 01, 2015 #952443 Louisville, Kentucky

I had the same problem. I eventually disputed it with my credit card and Cymax finally said they would credit my card back. This took over 2 months to get resolved.

Feb 24, 2015 #950205 Boston, Massachusetts

This has finally been resolved by Cymax after additional phone calls, continued delays and help from AMEX.
Needless to say, Cymax is a company you should think twice about before ending up with a potentially similar complaint.
Their employees have been cordial on the phone, that is the only good thing I can say about Cymax.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cymax Stores. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Cymax Stores.
Filing a new complaint about