Cymax Stores - Same Issue Pemberly Row Bait and Switch
I was shopping for an office chair with lumbar support as I have been having back issues lately so my wife decided to buy a Serta chair for me from Cymax as they seemed to be listed on several sites including Amazon.
They claimed the Pemberly Row chair was part of Serta's Premium line and came in at around $425 versus $315. Considering my back was hurting pretty bad from my old chair the extra $100 seemed to make sense for a premium chair.
Ordered on a Friday received via Fedex on the following Monday. Only issue was that there was no mention of Pemberly Row Chair by Serta any where on the box, the Serta part #s didn't match either. I was asked to keep the box of 5-7 days while they reviewed what was sent and I told them I couldn't sit around waiting a week for them to figure out why the wrong chair was sent. I took pictures, refused the item and demanded an immediate refund. Which they then went on to insist that they were deducting $144 on shipping to and from and restocking fees. Mind you that I have a copy of the invoice and pictures of the item and they don't match. I filed a dispute with the credit card company and emailed Cymax indicating that I was disputing the charge. 8 days later they respond claiming they find nothing wrong with shipping what they did and that they feel they are correct. Correct if shipping an item with a completely different description/part #? Filing a Better Business Bureau complaint and looking into filing an attorney general complaint. These guys should have a class action suit brought against them for bait and switch (describing a premium item) that doesn't exist and shipping a different item to try to bilk consumers in the US out of hundreds of dollars extra per order. Then perhaps this Canadian company would better understand shafting USA customers isn't going to be tolerated. I am wondering how many people they have schemed over in this manner. I took pictures for documentation purposes so they are going to feel some unpleasantness from me regarding this fraud.
Hard to believe this company is in business with these practices.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Style and Design|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- " Upon purchasing the 2 for 1 product, king size, I noticed an obvious difference in the amount of filling in both pillows. I opted..."
- "The first file cabinet arrived with severe cosmetic damaged and the ball bearing gliders for the top drawer were broken so the drawer would only open half way. The..."
- "It started off on a good note whereby I spoke with Michele La Flesch, the Executive Project Manager/Showroom Manager (Michele.Laflesch@ClosetFactory.com) (Office Phone: 310-516-7500 x240 & Cellular Phone: 310-404-8225)..."
- "I found a nice coat on FashionMia and ordered it for myself as a Christmas present. They emailed me the package's tracking number, and I kept track of it every..."
- "Since obtaining business service internet over the past 45 days, our connection drops daily and several times during the day. I have called customer support twice to no avail. The..."
- "Gamecoupon.org has players who are experts in playing the game and who keep winning the currency. They keep collecting the currency and then transfer it to the account of their..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "I sent this email to ***'s on November 11 - I have yet to hear from them - even though they state that they will respond within 2 business days..."