Cymax Stores - Same Issue Pemberly Row Bait and Switch
I was shopping for an office chair with lumbar support as I have been having back issues lately so my wife decided to buy a Serta chair for me from Cymax as they seemed to be listed on several sites including Amazon.
They claimed the Pemberly Row chair was part of Serta's Premium line and came in at around $425 versus $315. Considering my back was hurting pretty bad from my old chair the extra $100 seemed to make sense for a premium chair.
Ordered on a Friday received via Fedex on the following Monday. Only issue was that there was no mention of Pemberly Row Chair by Serta any where on the box, the Serta part #s didn't match either. I was asked to keep the box of 5-7 days while they reviewed what was sent and I told them I couldn't sit around waiting a week for them to figure out why the wrong chair was sent. I took pictures, refused the item and demanded an immediate refund. Which they then went on to insist that they were deducting $144 on shipping to and from and restocking fees. Mind you that I have a copy of the invoice and pictures of the item and they don't match. I filed a dispute with the credit card company and emailed Cymax indicating that I was disputing the charge. 8 days later they respond claiming they find nothing wrong with shipping what they did and that they feel they are correct. Correct if shipping an item with a completely different description/part #? Filing a Better Business Bureau complaint and looking into filing an attorney general complaint. These guys should have a class action suit brought against them for bait and switch (describing a premium item) that doesn't exist and shipping a different item to try to bilk consumers in the US out of hundreds of dollars extra per order. Then perhaps this Canadian company would better understand shafting USA customers isn't going to be tolerated. I am wondering how many people they have schemed over in this manner. I took pictures for documentation purposes so they are going to feel some unpleasantness from me regarding this fraud.
Hard to believe this company is in business with these practices.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "I was been mislead to purchase a sofa-bed with so-called "free shipping"- "basic home delivery". I live in a building so Basic Home Delivery means (for them) to drop off..."
- "On 05/13/10, upon receipt of my order, I contacted cymax about the size discrepancy of the item I recieved, and on 05/15/10 when I provided photos of the broken table..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "I was notified that I had won the Birds & Blooms Great Backyard Giveaway contest. I was in formed that I had won (one) HOLIDAY BELL™ with Hummingbird Wind Catcher..."
- " Attention: CEO: Beryl Raff CFO: Laura Kirsner COO: Joyce Hrinya Regarding Account Number: 480213852429 XX I purchased some jewelry from your company on July 17, 2014, and August 6,..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."