100% full Not resolved
Style and Design

I was shopping for an office chair with lumbar support as I have been having back issues lately so my wife decided to buy a Serta chair for me from Cymax as they seemed to be listed on several sites including Amazon.

They claimed the Pemberly Row chair was part of Serta's Premium line and came in at around $425 versus $315. Considering my back was hurting pretty bad from my old chair the extra $100 seemed to make sense for a premium chair.

Ordered on a Friday received via Fedex on the following Monday. Only issue was that there was no mention of Pemberly Row Chair by Serta any where on the box, the Serta part #s didn't match either. I was asked to keep the box of 5-7 days while they reviewed what was sent and I told them I couldn't sit around waiting a week for them to figure out why the wrong chair was sent. I took pictures, refused the item and demanded an immediate refund. Which they then went on to insist that they were deducting $144 on shipping to and from and restocking fees. Mind you that I have a copy of the invoice and pictures of the item and they don't match. I filed a dispute with the credit card company and emailed Cymax indicating that I was disputing the charge. 8 days later they respond claiming they find nothing wrong with shipping what they did and that they feel they are correct. Correct if shipping an item with a completely different description/part #? Filing a Better Business Bureau complaint and looking into filing an attorney general complaint. These guys should have a class action suit brought against them for bait and switch (describing a premium item) that doesn't exist and shipping a different item to try to bilk consumers in the US out of hundreds of dollars extra per order. Then perhaps this Canadian company would better understand shafting USA customers isn't going to be tolerated. I am wondering how many people they have schemed over in this manner. I took pictures for documentation purposes so they are going to feel some unpleasantness from me regarding this fraud.

Hard to believe this company is in business with these practices.

This reviewer shared experience about not as described and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $141. The author is overall dissatisfied with Cymax Stores and uploaded picture s. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Cymax Stores.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Cymax Stores to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Cymax Stores?

Comments