Cymax Stores - Shipped broken and misrepresented items

On 05/13/10, upon receipt of my order, I contacted cymax about the size discrepancy of the item I recieved, and on 05/15/10 when I provided photos of the broken table I recieved.

I was told on 05/14/10 that I be recieving a refund. I was contacted on 05/21, 05/22, and 05/26/10 by Chris B, claiming to be my rep. I was contacted on 05/25 and twice on 05/28, by Stacy L, claiming to be my rep. Then on 06/04/10, by a Rick L, telling me that they could not provide a replacement, then again on 06/09/10 to offer me a 10% discount on my entire order, which I delcined.

I have been in contact with at least 10 different customer service reps from cymax. Each in turn supposedly trying to resolve a simple exchange/return/refund. Monday last, when I called cust service, I was told that the Supervisor, Dave, authorized a full refund. Was told I'd be recieving a full refund and that I could dispose of the defective item how ever I saw fit.

Then Tue and Wed, I called to check on the status of the full refund and was assured it would be coming through. Then Yesterday, Thursday, when I checked, there was en email from Tonia E. offering a back order table (I'm wating for refund).

I called, was told by Miranda J, that I wasn't getting a refund, that they would pick-up the bench, but didn't want the broken table, and that I needed to provide a tax reciept showing that I donated it, before they would credit me for the broken table. That was three days after, Dave instructed me to dispose of it.

I believe that cymax intentionally misled me, many times, in order to use up any and all the time I would need to file any type of recourse against them. I was completely caught off guard that Cymax was intentiionally committing fraud against me. I believe that the public needs to be protected from this company. I have had a horrbile experience, It slowly dawned on me that they were intentionally trying to rip me off. I have these items packed up in their original packaging, waiting to be picked up.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Cymax Stores. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Cymax Stores.
Filing a new complaint about