Cymax Stores - Very Unprofessional Follow up by C/S Rep Todd - Who Canceled Our Order Against Our Wishes

We placed an order for the Abbyson Living Sonora 5-piece sectional home furniture after speaking to Abbyson and they gave us the names of a few companies that sell their product. Spoke to a customer service rep & our order on 08/02/16 and all went well. Today (08/04/16)we get a call from a 604 area code from a "Todd" who doesn't identify himself & says our order has been flagged as fraudulent and will be canceled. We asked him who he was & he later said he was from Cymax. His reasoning was that the credit card we used had a billing address different than where we were shipping to!!! Duhhhh!!! I'm sure this isn't the first time a furniture company gets an order from a credit card that is billed to an office, but the home furniture is delivered to the "home!" We don't need the furniture at our office, it is for our home! He started getting aggressive, arrogant, condescending & cocky! So I asked him how can he flag anything when the credit card company already verified that Cymax had been paid? We really didn't know what he wanted. He said he was going to cancel the order and I told him NOT to do that. We had placed the order and wanted our furniture. He then asked who the individual was on the order and I told her. Then he accused me of using a credit card fraudulently. I answered that the person on the card was right next to me on speaker phone and placed the order. There can only be one card and there is nothing illegal about 2 people being on the phone placing an order that is for both of us! He started sounding fraudulent himself & I told him that if he truly cancels the order I would blast his company on social media, but didn't want to be forced to do so. He said to go right ahead and was going to hang up the phone (which he did). We immediately called Cymax & a c/s rep passed us on to a manager "Kathleen" who confirmed that the order was canceled. She said normal protocol would be to email customer & request photo id. We never got that option. There was nothing she could do, but offered to send us to sales to place our order again. No thanks!!! There are hundreds of stores we can purchase from and Cymax will ot be it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Sep 06 #1208612 Scottsdale, Arizona

THANK YOUR LUCKY STARS!!! I ordered an expensive left seated chaise leather sectional. The one end dipped down so much, we could not accept the chaise or the couch that matched. Am trying to get Cymax, to expedite our refund as our living room now sits empty! Go local....

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.