Style and Design

I bought a dresser and chest from Walmart - Cymax that advertised to be made with wood, it's not, it's made with sawdust board and it even looks used. The connecting holes are chipped out and some connection pegs are snapped.

I bought a couch at the same time from Walmart-Cymax the couch turned out to be a barstool. I have retained and taken pics of all items, packaging and invoices. There were no reviews on either product page at the time. I thought they were new listings.

Walmart won't accept the returns. Cymax wants to charge for the to and fro shipping plus extra fees to prevent refunding my purchase price. As I have read they have done to many other customers. I did not see a return policy on the website except for the hyperlinked return policy Walmart had posted at the bottom of the page.

I did not even know the item was being sold by a third party. After they hooked me they told me where the return policy was in black text which I took as plain text and not a hyperlink. I did a little research and finally found the reviews of all the Homesquare-Cymax products on Walmart that were all grouped on a separate webpage and not on the product pages. I feel like Walmart is complicit in this abuse.

Many of the other complaints are from years ago.

These business practices are very predatory and I do plan to contest this to the fullest extent possible. Right now I'm looking for a class action lawsuit in progress that I can join.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 01.

Comments